I am a scientist interested in how knowledge is made and used during innovation. I collect data through participation, with skin in the game, rather than distant observation. New businesses give interesting data – I founded two spin-offs, both doing business intelligence services, and a few startups. I am active mostly in corporate strategy, product ownership, and product design aspects there, resulting in digital services that today serve more than 500.000 people every day.
I hold the Chercheur qualifié position with the Belgian Fund for Scientific Research – FNRS, and am associate professor at University of Namur, at the faculty for economics, management, and sociology, the computer science faculty, and Namur Digital Institue. Prior to those, I have been an invited researcher at the Robotics Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, and at computer science faculties, at University of Toronto, and University of Trento.
I am the author of “Analysis and Design of Advice” (Springer, 2011) and “The Design of Requirements Modelling Languages” (Springer, Sep 2015), and have published 80+ peer-reviewed research publications. So far, audiences for these contributions are colleagues working predominantly in computer science (software engineering, AI), management science, and economics domains.
Main academic appointment:
- Chercheur qualifié (Tenured scientist), Fonds de la Recherche Scientifique – FNRS, Bruxelles, Belgique, http://www.frs-fnrs.be/.
Other academic appointments:
- Associate professor, Département des sciences de gestion, Faculté des sciences économiques, sociales et de gestion, Université de Namur, http://www.unamur.be/eco/gestion/.
- Associate professor, Faculté d’informatique, Université de Namur, http://www.unamur.be/info.
- Academic member, PReCISE Research Centre in Information Systems Engineering, Namur Digital Institute, Université de Namur, https://www.unamur.be/en/precise.
- Member (2015-2017), Conseil de Recherche, Université de Namur, https://directory.unamur.be/entities/core.
Past academic affiliations:
- Visiting researcher, Dipartimento di Ingegneria e Scienza dell’Informazione – DISI, Università degli studi di Trento, http://www.disi.unitn.it/.
- Visiting scholar, Department of Computer Science, University of Toronto, http://web.cs.toronto.edu/.
- Visiting Scholar, Advanced Agent – Robotics Technology Lab, The Robotics Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~softagents/.